About Aldie Elementary School
The first school in Aldie was established in 1858. Enrollment was about 75 students that came from Arcola, Lenah, Halfway and other villages. They had to furnish their own transportation, which was by walking or horseback.
In 1882, Aldie had its first woman principal, Miss Cecilia Warfield. However, in 1888, the building burned and was replaced by another two-room school house. In 1915, the White Building was built for the high school (where the flag pole is now located) with an enrollment of about 35 students. At this time, some of the old desks were still in use, but the slates were being replaced by regular paper and blackboards.
It was not until 1925 that a school bus ran, which came from Oatlands only. The enrollment then was about 60 high school students and by 1928, the numbers had increased in Loudoun County such that the current brick school house was needed for lower grades.
To know about the PTA, please check the below link: